When you talk about a water hose, it is one of the most essential pieces of equipment in your garden. Whether you need to do any exterior maintenance work, or you simply love gardening, a hose will be always there to help you out. Without any doubt, top-notch hoses come with great durability. But, it should also be properly maintained for long-term usage.
Here comes the importance of perfect rolling up. But the truth is almost every one of us has faced awkward messy situations when it comes to rolling up it. If you don’t know how to roll up a garden hose, trust me you’re not alone.
In this article, I will show you how you can do it perfectly. To know more, read on!
How to Roll Up a Garden Hose (Step-By-Step Guide)
So, the question is how you can do that? It’s pretty much straightforward. You just need to make sure that there are no kinks in the hose while doing that. No wonder, kinks will decrease the overall durability of the hose. Explore the steps below that you need to follow to complete this easy task.
Step 1- Drain Water from Hose:
First of all, you need to disconnect the hose from the faucet. Then you should try to drain all water from the hose. You can do it by simply raising one end of the hose. It will speed up the draining process.
Step 2- Start Rolling Up:
In this step, you need to lay the hose on the ground. Make a circle with one end of the hose. Make sure that the circle is at least 2-foot wide. Here is a free tip for you. Try to start with the end of the hose where the female connector is located. It will help you in the rolling-up process. Because there may be a nozzle attached in the male connector.
Step 3- Continue The Laying Process:
Continue your rolling process on the ground. Make sure that the hose is being rolled automatically as you coil the line. It will prevent any kinks in the hose.
Step 4- Finish The Coiling Process:
Complete the coiling task. However, you need to make sure that there are no twists or even kinks. At this point, wrap around the coil with a bungee cord. Store it in a convenient place by hooking it.
Some Gardening Hose Related Tips
- After using up a hose, you should never leave it charged. So, make sure that you have turned off the spigot. Besides, you should release pressures on the other end as well. To do that, you need to remove valves or other attachments.
- Before starting the coiling up process, you need to pull the hose straight. As a result, any twists or kinks will be removed from it.
- You should always remove the kinks. Never roll it with the kinks. Otherwise, it may become permanent.
- Try to coil your hose always in the same direction. Either clockwise or anti-clockwise.
- You can use a manual reel to get the job done
- You can also find automatic reels out there. You can use that as well.
There is no denying that rolling up a hose can be a messy thing sometimes. But with proper skills and adequate practice, you can master this skill. In this article, I tried to tell you how to roll up a garden hose. I hope now you can do it by yourself without any hassle.